Are you Struggling with Figure Drawing?
Figure Drawing Foundation is the ultimate class for improving figure drawing skill level and confidence. In this class you will learn simple and powerful tools and techniques to help you draw better and get consistent, quality results. Along with the knowledge and information, you will also get expert mentorship and guidance to help you improve fast.
What Will You Learn?
Growing up my dream was to draw characters for movies and video games. It took me years of struggle, rejection and finding the right information and the right mentors to realize this dream.
Now, after over 10 years of professional experienceI I decided to teach the same tools and techniques I use everyday in this exclusive online class.
In this class you'll discover:
- How to draw dynamic gesture and movement
- Dynamic figure construction
- Easy to use proportions and techniques
- How to simplify and draw anatomy
- Reliable drawing processes and techniques
- Self study exercises and more…
See outline below for more details.
Master the Art of Gesture & Construction
Gesture is the foundation of all great figure drawings and you'll discover simple and powerful ways to draw more dynamic, fluid and like-like figures.
Learn Step by Step Process
Learn a proven, effectice and reliable process that will give you the tools to draw any pose with greater accuracy, proportion and consisitency.
Detailed Homework Assignments & Exercises
Unlock your full potential with these homework assignments
- Class Overview (5:46)
- Origin and History (12:32)
- The Drawing Process (38:44)
- Gesture & Structure (34:53)
- Anatomical Landmarks (11:15)
- Drawing the Torso (14:53)
- Demo: Anatomy and Gesture Tracing (7:39)
- Demo: Torso Study (2 minute pose) (6:08)
- Demo: Full Figure Study (3 minute pose) (8:47)
- Homework & Resources
- Torso Blocked by Arm: Landmarks Part 1 (8:16)
- Torso Blocked by Arm: Landmarks Part 2 (4:38)
- Constructing the Torso Part 1: Above the Ribcage (11:20)
- Construction the Torso Part 2: Below the Ribcage (11:07)
- Constructing the Torso Part 3: Side View (6:53)
- Demo: Torso Blocked #1 (12:19)
- Demo: Torso Blocked #2 (7:42)
- Demo: Torso Blocked #3 (16:35)
"Having a structured approach helps see mistakes while drawing, and increased my confidence in drawing difficult poses.
Chris showed us a great process that makes it easier to judge whether the drawing is headed in the right direction or not, with clear instructions, class demos, and homework critiques."
-Jawad Alshakhs, Architect, Kuwait
About the Instructor
Chris Legaspi is a long time professional illustrator with over 20 years of experience. His work can be seen in hit movies, TV shows and video games. His most notable projects and clients include Birds of Prey, Deadpool 2, Shaft, Luke Cage, Marvel, Disney and Warner Bros. Pictures.
Along with his professional experience, Chris is a popular and admired author and instructor. He has taught at some of the most prestigious art schools in the world including Gnomon and the New Masters Academy. His two recent drawing instruction books, published by Rockport, are available worldwide.
His clear and elegant communication style combined with his passion for teaching and helping serious and dedicated students has allowed his students and mentees to reach new levels in their artwork and careers. Several of Chris’ former students have gone on to work professionally in entertainment, video games and comics.
For more artwork, visit Chris' Instagram @draw.withchris.
“You are an amazing teacher. Really helped me level up and trained my eye. You definitely unlocked a way of seeing and thinking.”
-Linda Xiong, Analyst, San Francisco
More Available Courses
Upgrade your skills and take your drawings to new levels with these powerful and exciting classes.